1. Ezekiel 36:26 (in which God promises the gift of the Holy Spirit)
I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
2. Luke 4:18-19 (in which Jesus reads from Isaiah declaring himself to be the Spirit filled Messiah)
“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favour.”
3. Luke 11:13 (in which Jesus promises the Holy Spirit to those who ask)
If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!
4. Acts 2:17-18 (in which at Pentecost Peter explains what is going on with everyone receiving the Holy Spirit)
“‘In the last days, God says,
I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy,
your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams.
Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days,
and they will prophesy.”
5. Acts 2:38-39 (in which Peter talks about Christians receiving the Holy Spirit for all of time)
Peter replied, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off—for all whom the Lord our God will call.”
6. Acts 10:44-46 (in which the Holy Spirit comes to Gentiles and they speak in tongues)
While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit came on all who heard the message. The circumcised believers who had come with Peter were astonished that the gift of the Holy Spirit had been poured out even on Gentiles. For they heard them speaking in tongues and praising God.
7. 1 Corinthians 12:7… (in which Paul then explains how the Holy Spirit gives miraculous gifts to the church for it’s common good)
Now to each one the manifestation of the Spirit is given for the common good.
8. Ephesians 5:18-19 (in which Paul encourages believers to experience the ongoing filling of the Holy Spirit)
Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord.
9. Galatians 5:22-25 (in which Paul explains the changed life of the Spirit filled believer and exhorts us to keep in step with the Spirit)
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
10. 2 Timothy 1:7 (in which Paul tells us of the Spirit given to believers)
For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self discipline.
… so this is just a few of my favourite verse on the Holy Spirit. What are your favourites?