I regularly get invited to go to bucks parties of friends. At the end of the evening the customary thing to do is to go to strip club as a last act of wild living before the buck gets married. At that stage of the evening I make my excuses and head home. BUT in my head everything is screaming to say to all the guys DON”T GO! Sadly Christian friends occasionally end up joining in too. For that reason, and for sake of not screwing up your life – here are my reasons for Christians and non-Christians not to go to strip joints!
1. This is a fundamental issue around human dignity. The bible teaches us that we are all created in the image of God and that the greatest commandments are to love God and to love our neighbour. When we go to a strip club we dehumanise someone who is created in the image of God for our own personal pleasure. It reduces the girls in the clubs to pieces of meat for our own enjoyment. They deserve better, and don’t give me any crap that they want to be there doing that. No one grows up dreaming of stripping for horny blokes.
2. For the sake of your marriage don’t do that to your wife or future wife. Whatever they may say, it is not cool with them. They hate the fact that you felt the need to cheat on them, even if just in your mind – for the sake of some fun with the boys. Jesus said; “I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” In other words imagining sex with another woman is the slippery slope to having an affair. If you value your wife or future wife, keep a pure heart just for her!
3. You will have a better sex life, romantic life, and friendship with your wife if you give the strip joints a miss. If you cultivate a pornographic vision of the other sex, it will have huge implications on the quality of your relationship with the one you love. I know of too many guys who have unsatisfying sex lives because sex has been corrupted in their minds by pornography and strip joints. Your wife is not a stripper – she is the most treasured person in your life.
So what should you do if you have been to strip joints in the past or are tempted to in the future?
1. We are all broken individuals and God loves the broken no matter what we have done. But God calls us to repent – to turn from sin and to embrace the life he has for us in Jesus.
2. Take a stand and don’t go to strip joints. It doesn’t have to be the normal thing to do. Take a stand and use your life to point to a better reality.
3. Embrace faithfulness, fidelity and purity of heart. God knows, it isn’t easy in our sex saturated world. But Jesus came to bring a fullness of life to those who will follow him. It is an offer that leads us into a richer, deeper, more fulfilling life.
3 thoughts on “Why Not to Go to Strip Clubs”
Great stuff, Tim!
Top atricle Tim. Not preachy but positve. Blessings to you. DD