The Welcome and Hospitality Team at Manly Life is crucial to us being a warm, friendly and inviting church. Our hope is that members of this team will see themselves as not only the front door, welcoming people to church but also the ushers who guide people into community, friendship and discipleship.
Have a listen to Tim as he explains the importance of hospitality and welcome!
As a member of the welcome and hospitality team you will have distinct roles to play depending on whether you are rostered on welcome, or hospitality. The key though is that you make yourself available for other people both before and after the service. There are always new people coming along to Manly Life, as well as people wanting to take the next steps in their commitment to Christ and his church!
Involvement and Responsibilities
- Availability to be on the team at least once a month at either the 9:30am or 5pm services.
- Be responsive to emails regarding rosters and put the weeks you are serving into your diaries.
- Be prompt to arrive on time (see times below), able and aware of your specific responsibilities according to which team you are serving on.
- Arrive by 9am or 4:30pm to set up the hospitality table when you are serving.
- Gather to pray together at 9:10am or 4:40pm
- Roles on the Sunday include:
- Bring a plate of biscuits/slices/cakes for people to share.
- Before service preparing the café area which involves setting out tea, coffee, Café sign & flowers.
- Facilitate café area after services on Sunday by being a connecting friendly presence.
- Pack down of the Café area, leaving the area clean and tidy.
- Arrive by 9:10am or 4:40pm on the Sundays when you are serving and make sure you are wearing your Manly Life “Welcome T-Shirt”.
- Join the rest the hospitality team that week for prayer together at 9:10am or 4:40pm. Liaise with team leader about where to greet and welcome people.
- Hand out any applicable Flyers for that week to those who haven’t received one and during the offering be available to give out our ‘welcome to Manly Life’ packs.
- Be a welcoming friendly presence, able to direct and assist people
- If someone is new, consider walking with them to find a seat and introduce them to someone at church who is of a similar age/gender.
- Be in the foyer at the end of the service and ask new people to fill in a Get Connected Card so if they want to do an Alpha, join a Life Group, hear more about Manly Life or meet with a pastor this process can be followed up.
I really believe that this is a key team to be a part of in the life and growth of our church. We get to be the embodiment of Jesus to all who come to be a part of our church family. Thanks for serving in this team!
Click here to go back to the ministries page.